7 Impressive Ways Vitamin C Benefits Your Body
Vitamin C is an essential vitamin, meaning your body can’t produce it. Yet, it has many roles and has been linked to impressive health benefits.
It’s water-soluble and found in many fruits and vegetables, including oranges, strawberries, kiwi fruit, bell peppers, broccoli, kale, and spinach.
The recommended daily intake for vitamin C is 75 mg for women and 90 mg for men (1).
While it’s commonly advised to get your vitamin C intake from foods, many people turn to supplements to meet their needs.
Here are 7 scientifically proven benefits of taking a vitamin C supplement.
- May reduce your risk of chronic disease
- May help manage high blood pressure
- May lower your risk of heart disease
- May reduce blood uric acid levels and help prevent gout attacks
- Helps prevent iron deficiency
- Boosts immunity
- Protects your memory and thinking as you age
- Best Foods to Boost Your Brain and Memory
- Simple Ways to Lower Your Triglycerides
- Healthy Foods High in Antioxidants